Why women should lift weights?
Any kind of physical activity is important for your body and mind. However, strength training is probably some of the most important. If you are thinking about should you start with them, there are several reasons why yes is the right answer. But, you will have to know all reasons before you begin.
1. Burning fat is probably the most important reason for strength training. According to a recent study, strength training is even more important than running on a treadmill, if you want to lose belly fat. Aerobic is good for burning muscle and fat, but strength training is designed just for burning fat.
2. Strength training will increase your muscles. This means that you will burn more calories until you achieve your goal. Then, your boy will need more calories, because it will be bigger. We burn calories all the time, even we sit. But, strength training may increase the amount of calories you burn every day.
3. When you do something that you believed it was impossible, your self-confidence grows. Strength training is the best way to achieve this. Going to the gym and lifting weight has benefits for your mind as well.
4. Strength training will improve your flexibility. This was proved by a study, conducted by the University Of North Dakota.
5. Your bones will become stronger and denser. All you need to do is to exercise. After each training, your body will make new bone cells.
6. Don’t believe that your muscles will get so big that you will look like a bodybuilder. Many women believe that strength training is doing this. However, your muscles will be bigger and your weight will be increased, but you will wear smaller dresses.